Saturday 13 April 2013

Cheaper silver is good for me.

"... gold dropped an astonishing $84 per ounce to close at $1,478, down over 5% on the day and below $1,500 per ounce for the first time since July 5, 2011.   Silver had an even worse day with a price decline of 6.5%, closing down $1.81 per ounce at $25.95." 
Source: Panic selling in gold and silver.


How low would prices go? What would I do?

For now, hold my horses and wait for the dust to settle.

If we believe in the long term story behind silver, we should look out for a chance to buy more. If the panic selling should continue, we could buy more on the cheap and cheaper still.

Being able to buy more of something I believe in at lower prices does not cause me distress. Why should it?

Related post:
Silver: Some views.

4 comments:

EC said...

Hi AK,

First time commenting on tour other blog haha...

Yeah it's getting more and more tempting for me to get my first gold bullion coin. To think the spot price was still around US$1650 around 1 week+ ago. Haha I will see how it goes.

Best wishes,
Eugene

AK71 said...

Hi Eugene,

Welcome to my other "house". ;)

Jim Rogers would say that he is not selling his gold and that he would buy more at lower prices. After having gone up in price for 12 years, a pull back is to be expected; even a violent correction would not be out of order.

I first bought gold at US$800+ and silver at US$17+. Although it could happen, I doubt that prices would go that low ever again.

EC said...

Hi AK,

I just realized you have a Canadian Maple Leaf gold coin as your blog profile picture - so I guess this might interest you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uO9zM8nwOM

It's quite a cool promotional video. More videos at their channel if you want to view them.

Best wishes,
Eugene

AK71 said...

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the link to the video. I enjoyed it.

Canadian Maples are the purest gold and silver bullions we can buy, I believe. :)