Friday 23 September 2011

Silver: Going through a rough patch.

On 20 September, I mentioned that silver's price could be in for a rough patch and that we could see the support provided by the 200dMA tested. This is at US$36 an ounce. This has come to pass.


I am adding to my long position in the precious metal.

Could silver's price continue to weaken? Technically, it looks like it could. However, understanding that technical analysis is all about probabilities and never certainties, I am increasing long exposure based on fundamentals.

I am not going into why we should be buying gold and silver instead of hoarding cash. I believe that the topic has been beaten to death and, yes, I believe we should have some gold and silver.

Related posts:
Silver: Momentum could be turning negative.
Buy more silver on weakness.

2 comments:

so1trg said...

I guess the good news is silver did not weaken?
It was more of a dollar strength that caused this.
Am on the gold market, an i notice the same thing too. Should be expecting some kind of gold rebound from the 200MA.

AK71 said...

Hi so1trg,

I feel that you could be right but we can never be really sure until it is over, unfortunately.

Anyway, I have added to my investment in silver today. Let us see how it turns out. :)